Direct link to offer
- Chase is offering a bonus of up to 60,000 points on the Chase Hyatt card. Broken down as follows:
- 30,000 bonus points after $3,000 in spend within the first three months of account opening
- 2 points total per $1 spent, up to $15,000 in spend for the first six months
- The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
- Annual fee of $95
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 4x points per $1 spent on Hyatt hotels (they advertise this as 9x, but itâs 4x plus the 5x you normally get anyway)
- 2x points per $1 spent on local transit and commuting (including taxis, mass transit, tolls and ride-share serivces)
- 2x points per $1 spent on restaurants, cafes and coffee shops
- 2x points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines
- 2x points per $1 spent on fitness clubs and gym memberships
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Receive up to two free nights annually:
- One free night at any category 1-4 Hyatt property every year after your card member anniversary
- An additional free night at any category 1-4 Hyatt property if you spend $15,000 during your card member anniversary year
- World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as the card is open
- 5 qualifying night credits towards your next tier status every year
- An additional 2 qualifying night credits towards your next tier every time you spend $5,000 on the card (no limit)
We’ve previously seen a 60,000 offer that only required $6,000 in total spend, whereas this new offer requires $15,000. Even the targeted 70,000 offer only required $10,000 total spend. The offer seems misleading as it’s total of 2 points per $1 spent, so really only an additional 1 point per $1 spent. That makes the bonus actually a maximum of 45,000 points, worse than the standard offer of 50,000 points that requires only $6,000 in total spend.Â The 50,000 point offer is still available via referral.
Because of that reason I won’t add this to the best credit card bonuses.